Monday, April 23, 2007

Let's try this again!

Back in the day, I had a blog on my own website, there were few entries here and there, but in the end I just decided that I wasn't that interested in myself. (That's ok, my friends didn't laugh either when I told them this, I still have my day job.)

Now I am more interested in myself and I have decided to talk about everything and nothing, let's give this another shot.

I will attempt to cover many important topics such as life, humor (thanks Dave Barry!), ok, you can read the title yourself, I suppose. But let me just say one thing about excellence. There was a line in Braveheart, "All man dies, but not many of them really lived." Now, don't go sky diving yet, the point is that it is good to think about why we are alive, what are we doing here and make sure we are living a life that is worth living.

Are we just food eating, movie watching bipeds that try to maximize our fun on earth as long as we don't hurt anyone? (If you are able to pull it off, congrats, you are the first human island, entirely unto yourself.) I believe that there is a purpose in life, that we are created in the image of a loving and righteous God. I am a sinner, eternally lost if it wasn't for Jesus Christ, who came and died for my sins on the cross. Now I have been redeemed as a child of God, freed to do good works that glorifies him. And at such, excellence is essential, God is excellent, he is not mediocre.

Excellence is the exception, not the norm. Too often people are happy with the status quo, not realizing that "good is the enemy of great", as the book Good to Great points out. Don't reinvent the wheel, dare to think, work hard, and be patient.

1 comment:

Theo V. said...

You're hilarious Ray! I like your blog and I'm glad that you writing again. I hear it can do wonders for your entrepeneurial skills.